Saturday, October 27, 2007

FORE!!!

Like father like son...it seems like I say that a lot, especially lately but Dyl just loves to be like his dad! Rick took us probably over a month ago now (I am SO behind on blogging) to the driving range to play a little golf. Dylan absolutely loved it. Mom....not so much. I just don't get what's so fun about this supposed "sport" (probably gonna receive some backlash about that last comment.)Dylan sure had fun though and I guess that's all that really matters. Daddy helped him learn to putt and how to pull the flags out of the holes on the putting green (which the other serisous golfers really appreciated too...I'm sure they thought he was adorable as he yanked the flags out and got in the way of their shots)After the terribly exciting putting green we headed on over to the driving range...which I guess is a step up from putting but seriously, after you hit about 5 of them...where's the fun? Probably because I don't know what I'm doing and my hands start really hurting and I get frustrated easily...that might have something to do with it. Oh yeah, the cold didn't help much either. Daddy really appreciated Dylan pulling out his tee every time he tried to set up another ball to hit. It was the funniest thing because by the look on Dylan's face it really looked like he thought he was helping. So when Rick moved further down away from us, of course he followed to be sure Dad had someone there to remove his tee's.
I finally convinced him to let Dad hit one. But you can tell it's killing him and he's standing by, ready to pull it out in case Dad changes his mind...or takes to long to hit it. Look at that form! Good swing honey.
Finally, Dyl had had enough and decided to sit back and eat a snack...yummy granola bars. He thought this little seat was so cool (dumped out the balls and turned over the bucket) and so did Dad because he sat there for the longest time just watching, giving Rick a chance to actually hit some without his paranoid wife shouting "Don't swing, he's too close!"
All in all it was a pretty fun day, ending, of course, with wrestling...I wonder why this kid is willing to take on anyone who challenges him...could it be because he wrestles with Dad every night? Oh well. Hope everyone is enjoying the change in weather, I hope to get caught up enough on my blogs that I will actually have some October pics in the October list of blogs! We're up to 9.28 so...getting closer!

4 comments:

Danica said...

Cute - Carson loved golfing with Zack over the summer. Dylan's so the man.

The Papavero's said...

LOVE the shirt my nephew's wearing!! Haha...too cute, we sure do miss him!

Adri said...

How freakin' cute!! I love how he just wants to do everything his daddy does. And I'm with ya on golf. I actually like the driving range but there's no way I could stand 9 holes of golf, let alone 18.

The Benches said...

Dyl is such a stud. He needs to hook up with Kara in about 20 years!