Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Where the heck are we?

Let me let you all in on a little bit of the drama I call "my life." Okay...so it all began back when the final leg of Rick's training was wrapping up...we knew we would be shipped out but didn't know where. They had pretty much assigned us to Florida when that new job that I wrote about came in and they switched us to L.A. Well, because we were planning on Florida and because we didn't come down for the holidays my mom decided it would be a while till she would see us again so she flew Dyl and I down for New Years and the infamous Rose Parade.
Two days before I was scheduled to load us up and ship back to Michigan, Rick got the relocation call and told me to stay in Cali rather then fly Dyl back and forth and that he would be here by the 28th...so...roughly two weeks. So...I decided to fly back the weekend of the 28th, leave Dyl with his nana and grandma and help Rick finish up the packing and say goodbye to the friends in Midland that we were sad to leave. Well...a hundred dollars later I had my new ticket, scheduled to leave the 24th to go get my husband, who had been away from us for a month by this point.
The day before I flew out Rick called and said they bumped him back at least two more weeks and that he would not be flying back with me. I debated taking Dyl but once again it was a quick two week trip, which is what we were trying to avoid in the first place. So I left, went for an amazing weekend alone with my hubby and sadly and tearfully said goodbye to him on the 29th when I went through that horrific ordeal coming home.
Now they're telling him it could be shorter then two weeks but it also could be longer. It is just so frustrating because in retrospect, had we just flown out the 14th like we had originally planned, we would have been with Rick this past month instead of Dylan wondering where they heck I put his Daddy who he can't seem to find no matter how loud he calls his name as he searches room to room down the hall. It is truly heartbreaking. And of course Rick is convinced Dyl won't remember him when he finally makes it home again. Needless to say Rick isn't exactly the happiest camper, he misses his family and is sick of being alone.
So here I am, back in Upland waiting for some kind of hopefully good news as to when I can get my husband back. We're fasting this Sunday that it will be soon. It sure is hard being apart. At this point it will be at least one and a half months, possibly two until Dyl and Rick will be together again. I think the hardest part by far is the not knowing...if we just knew there was an end in sight we could hold out until it arrived but they just don't seem to have any answers and that is very frustrating. Any prayers would be appreciated :) I'll be posting some pics soon from my fun weekend with Rick.

9 comments:

Brynn said...

That sucks! I have only been away from Mark for like one night the whole time we've been married, I can't even imagine how it is for you! Hope he can come back soon!!
Brynn Ü

Our Family Adventures said...

The not knowing is the WORST!! Hopefully, it will be sooner than later.

Carn Family said...

I hope you find out soon. Playing the waiting game is hard. I was sad to have not seen you when you were here. I wish you all well!

Erica said...

My heart goes out to you - we'll keep you in our prayers :)

Melissa said...

I am sorry to hear all of your troubles. Remember just to stay strong and know that this too will pass. Wow a month and a half that is terrible but assure Rick a little boy always remembers his Daddy and when they reunite it will be all fun and enjoyment. We will be thinking about your family.

Dalton Family said...

Yes, remember to "stay strong and know that this too will pass" great advice Melissa, great advice.

Company EIGHT said...

I'm so sorry! It's SO hard to not know, and be away from Rick. You can give him some hope though--Ryan was about Dylan's age when Rick left for his internship. We didn't see him for more than two months, and when we did, Ryan was THRILLED to see him. He definitely remembered him, and Dylan will too. It doesn't make it any easier, but you WILL make it. Prayers are headed your way!

michelle taggart said...

nothing i can say will make you feel better until your family is back together, but know that your love for eachother will be that much stronger and amazing when you get back!! and dylan is still so young that he won't even remember rick being gone. all you can do is hope that it won't be that much longer. and give dylan lots and lots of kisses!!!

Adri said...

CRAZY!! That's too bad. I'll keep you guys in my prayers, too. I hope it all works itself out fast. Soon, it will all be behind you and you, Rick, and Dylan will be together in sunny LA close to your families!