Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fun in the Sun

We've been having so much fun down here in Cali with all this warm weather, while it's snowing on my husband I'm hittin' the beach! Dylan sure loved the beach this time around. It took him a few minutes but eventually he was pretty sturdy walking through that sand. It didn't take long until he was venturing out on his own, further and further away from the group. He loved sitting up on the sand hill watching the waves crash below. This kid just loves to be outside.
He loved chasing the birds. His aunt Bri taught him to sneak up on them by putting his finger to his lips and making the "shhh shhh shhh" sound really loud. Of course they heard him coming from a mile away and would fly away long before he got anywhere near them but he still thought it was hysterical.
His cousin Elly taught him how to fill buckets with sand. He usually got distracted about half way through and wanted to just dump them out but she was pretty patient with him. As patient as a four year old can be anyway. :)
I decided to snap a few of him standing on the skim board. He liked it as long as it was NOT in the water. He loves the pool but still has to get used to the ocean a bit more. Don't worry, I'm sure his Daddy will be more then willing to be the one to get him used to that. He's already making surfing plans!



On our second trip to the beach the kids decided to make a stick fort.
So Dylan of course was more then willing to help gather the sticks! He was in heaven.





Here's all the kids in their fort. Aisley mostly watched from the blanket but she liked standing in it with the rest of them once all the work was done.
Just thought I'd end with a gorgeous view of Catalina just to let you all see what a beautiful day it really was. You usually can't see it from the shoreline but it was very obvious that day. This is the island where Rick and I spent our honeymoon by the way. Love you honey, miss you so much! Can't wait 'till you join us!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the picture of him on the skim board he looks so sweet. I am so jealous that you were at the beach. Here in Idaho it has been 30 degrees yikes. Soak up some sun for me.

p.s. JESSICA BENCH aka JESSICA SMITH this is melissa miller I want to go to your blog and I want to see yours so get in touch with me at bright_star07@msn.com
see ya!!

Molly Jolley said...

ok the picture of dyl on the skim board is way to cute i love it. the pictures for sure make me miss the beach. i am so excited for you to be able to move back :)

Danica said...

So cute! Man, I wish we were down there with you guys. Love the surfboard pics. Your hair looks so cute too in the zoo one.