Tuesday, January 29, 2008

NEVER FLY NORTHWEST

I just needed to get the word out that I am officially boycotting northwest airlines. Never fly with them. They have the poorest customer service I have EVER experienced. Long story short I arrived 25 min. prior to my flight's departure at an airport the size of a living room with approx. 4 gates total...no other terminals....that's it, 4 gates. I get to the front desk where there is already another couple standing there, ringing a buzzer. He's been there several minutes by this time. We had checked in online but the stupid computer wouldn't let us through without a nw agent...no one was coming. They announced final boarding so the wife frantically ran up to the security and told them to hold the plane because we were still up front waiting for someone to help us. This is still 20 min. prior to leave time. He says they are considering it a "locked flight" and we will not be boarding the plane. Even though we can see the stupid gate and ticket lady from where we are standing no one will come over and check us in. The flight that was supposed to leave at 8:20 am TOOK OFF AT 8:05 WITHOUT US!!! The stupid front desk lady comes out at 8:10 and says..."okay, lets get you guys taken care of". She books me for a flight over five hours later...completely missing my connections and making me miss seeing my Dylan. I am SO upset. She just kept saying the whole time that we "should have been on time." How annoying. Calling didn't help either, they just stood by the fact that company policy states we have to be there 30 minutes early, not 25 to board the plane. When I said, "you know what, no one has even apologized to me, which I feel is the least they could do." The stupid lady says..."Why should we apologize for something that was your own fault?" And that, ladies and gentlemen, is northwest airlines customer service at it's finest.

7 comments:

Adri said...

Eeeeeew. That was frustrating to read, let alone what it must have been like for you. I'm sorry. So where are you going now? You are very hard to keep up with, do u know that?

Unknown said...

YOU ARE KIDDING!!! I am shocked...that is horrible Britney! Who does that?

Unknown said...

by the way..that was laura..i don't know why it's coming up nicole--annoying!

Melissa said...

Ok I hate flying as it is and then to hear this story makes it even worse..I am with adri where are u headed too? and did u make it to where u were supposed to be going?

Channa said...

That sounds horrible! I'm sorry you missed your flight...but at this moment I would give anything to just fly anywhere! I'm ready for spring and I'm so excited you guys will be moving to CA - we'll have to come visit! Congrats on the baby...we really are excited for you guys!

Company EIGHT said...

I'm so sorry! When you told me that morning what happened, I was especially sorry you wouldn't be able to see Dylan. :( I'm glad you finally made it. Did you talk to Northwest? Any apology?

Danica said...

Oh man! So so frustrating!!! That is unreal. We had one bad experience on Northwest too and haven't gone back. Are you back in CA now?