Thursday, October 23, 2008

Terrible Twos

A few weeks ago Rick had to go to Fresno for work, so we decided to come along for the ride. It was pretty fun, the kids did really well in the car, we stopped a lot so that helped. Everything was going pretty smoothly until he had a meeting to go to and decided to drop us off at the park until it was over. Dylan decided to have a complete meltdown because I wouldn't let him stand out in the middle of the skate park while millions of teenage boys jumped rails and flipped over curbs and stuff. Oh yeah, it was extra fun when I had to run out, infant in hand to retrieve him when he got up and bolted to the middle of the ramps and stuff while I was breastfeeding Marley and couldn't jump up immediately to stop him...clever little devil. Pretty sure I was extra cool when he kept running away from me, laughing in the 105 degree weather so I'm getting hot and sweaty and ready to beat my child.I finally got him with the help of a "skater boy" (the only one not shooting me dirtly looks for allowing my toddler to ruin their sweet you tube videos of their killer moves) and dragged him back to the picnic tables where he decided to roll in the dirt, kicking and screaming for over an HOUR and wouldn't let me touch him...so, what did I do? Well...first I videoed, then I took pictures. Did I mention the meeting went long and the park trip was 2 1/2 hours? Awesome.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh man...I am so sorry!

Danica said...

That's so awesome. I'm sure I didn't help by keeping you on the phone for part of it. I love his blue eyes in that second pic.

Molly Jolley said...

I love the last picture of him. he is such a cutie. So what your saying is i have a lot to look forward to when I have baby #2

Company EIGHT said...

Oh Britney--I am so sorry! I can say that very sincerely, because that very scenario has happened to me (minus the skate park). That last picture is adorable though!

Jill Duncan said...

Ok, I'm sure at the time you wanted to die, but that is something you will always think back on and get a good laugh at! :)