Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Name Game

Okay everyone...naming a baby is so hard! I think that girls are definitely the hardest (probably because I already had a boy and had a pretty good sized list going when I found out I was preggo again since I swore it was going to be baby boy #2.) The funny part is that when I found out I was preggo with Dyl I thought it was going to be a girl (I guess all I have to do is go with whichever my gut doesnt tell me it is!) and I had the LONGEST list of girls names, all of which I really really don't like anymore. I totally had the name picked out for this one if it were a boy, it's the name I voted for Dylan to be (Rick won that one obviously) and the name that our next baby boy definitely will be - Gavin. I just love that name! I always have but unfortunately it's not really one of those gender neutral names so I'll have to hold out. The only name so far that I even like a little bit is Marley (Marlee?) and I'm kinda on the fence with that one. Anyways...any help would be great! Thanks everyone! I have a list coming from my beehives in Michigan which I'll post for votes. The top name for Dyl was going to be Jenna...I'm just not crazy about it anymore but it doesn't totally bug me so I'll throw it back into the mix...if you all want to send your ideas I'll post a little poll just for fun (I guess more fun for me then you, most of you probably don't really care especially since half my friends are all preggo too and need to think up names of their own but for those of you who want to, send me any and all you like!) Okay...I'm gonna try to post some pics now - bye!

6 comments:

Adri said...

Eeek Brit! Naming babies is hard. I already have my girls names picked out (Macey and Elena, Leena for short) but we are having a hard time with the boys ones. A friend of mine just had a girl and a few of the names on her list were Avery, Addison, Jane, and Chloe . . . don't know if you will like any of them but those are my suggestions. Good luck!

Brynn said...

I know how you feel! All the names I like are for the next kids I have either way, so I'm not much help. By the way Macey is our top girl name for our next baby! haha

Melissa said...

Um I like Bella, Emma, Paisely, Brooke..and they all sound good with marie which I think you said before would be the middle name? I really lile the name you threw out there...Marlee is really sweet and precious. Good Luck! I haven't ever gotten to use a girl name so it sounds like fun to be thinking of one :)

The Benches said...

Jeff and I took five names to the hospital to choose from when I went into labor. Kara was not one of the names on the list...I am bad at the naming game!

Rey and Melanie said...

Hey Brit--well some of the other names we liked besides Emree of course for a girl were Brooklyn, Kyra, and Chloe(although its pretty trendy),well good luck, hopefully Rick isnt nearly as picky as Rey is with names.

Marlie said...

You might just want to go with the Marlie spelling :) I of course endorse that name. Hope you are feeling ok with your pregnancy pretty girl.