Friday, May 29, 2009

Father Son Campout

The weekend after mothers day Rick got to take Dyl on his very first Father/Son outing. They had so much fun! I managed to find a spider man fishing pole on clearance at Target the day before they left so...Dyl was in heaven.

They got to do tons of cool guy stuff while they were there, like:

Fishing (he doesn't care that there's no hook attached, he just likes casting it out and reeling it in) Hangin' with buds (Dyl was Mr. Popular with his fishing pole, Rick said he was a very good sharer --is that a word?)

Feed the ducks (or throw dirt at them...not too sure what exactly is going on in this picture)
Touch yucky bugs and other nasty things
Throw rocks in the water (apparently the bigger the better)
Make silly faces
Read books
And of course, sleep in a tent. All in all an awesome trip.P.S. I KNOW there are no pics of the FATHER in any of these..what the heck? I said, "Now honey, make sure you get lots of pics so I can scrapbook it for you." I guess it never occurred to him that he should ask one of the twenty guys from our ward there to take a shot of him with his kid. Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it that he was there.

2 comments:

Channa said...

Hi Britney - thanks so much for the comment. It's great to hear from you! These pictures you posted are so cute - and I love his fishing rod. :)

I use a few digital scrapbooking sites, but my favorite is probably shabbyprincess.com. I download their digital papers and elements {usually for free!} and then just use publisher to create my blogtop. (You can use photoshop if you know that better, but I stick with publisher because it's simple.) Once I create my blogtop I save it as a jpg and insert the whole image as my header. Then for my backgrounds I insert the direct links into my html. I am really no expert, I just play around until I can finally get it to work. Let me know if you have questions. :)

Company EIGHT said...

Hey there! I do have bows/headbands!! Brown grosgrain, sheer brown, sheer pink, pink grosgrain (large and small), sheer cream, white grosgrain, cream grosgrain...

e-mail me and let me know what you want, and if you want pics. :)