Sunday, November 30, 2008

Blessing Day

Marley's blessing dress was the most beautiful dress I've ever seen, thanks to my extremely talented mother-in-law who made it especially for her with very little input from me. All I told her was that I wanted it off white with a vintage, 1800's look to it. She is amazing! If you look closely you can see all the little flowers on the chest area that she did by hand and the adorable bonnet that had matching flowers on the ends of it. I know this was a big task and that she worked really really hard on it and I hope she knows how much I loved it and how special this dress will always be to Marley. Here's my happy baby telling Grandma how much she loves her dress.


Here we wanted to get a full length shot to show the entire dress, Rick's going to be photo-shopped out eventually but for now, there he is.







In this shot the lighting is a little weird and makes the dress look kinda yellow but we only took a few of her sitting up (well, propped up anyway.)





Then Dyl got his chance to hold her...she wasn't so sure about that and neither was I so we only got the one shot. At least Dyl's looking, right? Cheesy smile and screaming Marley but at least his eyes are open and he's facing the right direction. I'm not picky.











This was my favorite shot of her, I had it blown up really big and I just love it because she's smiling but managed to finally keep her eyes open while doing so, plus you can really see all the detail in the dress when it's blown up big enough.

We took Marley out and took a few shots of Dyl, I must say
I was pretty pleasantly surprised. He smiled for the most part and tried to hold still so Grandpa could get a decent shot.
His favorite of course was when Grandpa took a photo shoot of him as Bam Bam.Good job once again King!

9 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

She is Beautiful and the dress is Amazing!! How neat that your mother in law made it. What a treasure :)

Sandy said...

Wow, she did an amazing job on that dress! Awesome pictures too! :)

Danica said...

cutest kids and beautiful dress....loved the pics.

Company EIGHT said...

Beautiful dress, adorable baby, and handsome boy! I loved all the pics--

Valiant said...

What darling kids. We miss you in Michigan.

Mel said...

Hi! This is Dave Land's wife, Mel. Your kids are so dang cute and that blessing dress is amazing!

Channa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Channa said...

That dress is amazing! Beautiful - and he looks so cute.

michelle taggart said...

i can't believe braydee is getting married... crazy! how exciting though:) we seriously need to get together next time i'm out in the upland area..are you up for that??